The IRS estimates more than twelve million Americans owe back taxes in some form. There are a variety of reasons that people and businesses fall behind on their taxes. These reasons can be extremely personal; illness, divorce or other financial issues can trigger a number of issues that result in an unpaid tax bill. A CPA can be your most trusted advisor and at GMG we are here to help.
It is often hard to know where to start and the process of resolving your tax debt can be overwhelming. Our tax debt negotiators treat you with dignity and respect throughout the process and become your advocate with the IRS. We can give you peace of mind and take the burden from you while explaining each step simply and clearly. We have the required experience to help and have successfully negotiated settlements for clients.
There are different options available in tax debt settlement including:
- Installment Agreements, which allow you to pay your liability in payments over time.
- Offer-in-Compromise which allows you to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount you owe. It may be a legitimate option if you don't have the income or assets to pay your full tax liability.
- Currently Not Collectible status, if you have no available excess income or assets which you can borrow against. The CNC status will stop the IRS from pursuing collections and will periodically request financial information in the future to verify if the status is still appropriate.
Having an experienced negotiator on your side is very important. Options available to the taxpayer depend on their specific financial situation. We will work with you to determine which options are available and which is best for you and negotiate the solution with the IRS on your behalf. In most cases you will never have to speak to an IRS agent once we are involved.
GMG CPA uses a three step approach to resolve your tax problem:
- Investigation and Discovery we communicate directly with the IRS to identify the full scope of your tax situation and identify any unfiled tax returns and the amount of taxes, penalties, and interest that IRS records show you owe.
- Compliance in which we work with you to make sure all current tax filings and payments are current.
- Resolution where we determine the best solution for your tax problem and negotiate with the IRS.
Our compassionate staff are experienced in talking with the IRS on a daily basis. We really care about helping you. It’s easy for good, hard-working Americans to fall behind and our team wants to help people like you. We have come across many people who have tried to handle their IRS situation themselves (or with their current CPA or person who prepared their taxes that may not be experienced in tax debt negotiation) but didn’t receive the relief they were seeking. The professionals on our staff know the “ins and outs” of the tax debt settlement system and can negotiate a personalized solution for you...saving you the stress and confusion of trying to negotiate with the IRS agent yourself.
There are many services that claim to negotiate pennies on the dollar. If it seems too good to be true it probably is. At GMG CPA we will listen to your IRS difficulties in our office in complete confidence at NO CHARGE. We will answer your questions, explain your options and suggest solutions, and provide you with a written estimate of our fees to permanently resolve your IRS difficulties.